to the Vineland Public Library
To provide for a clean, pleasant and
safe environment for Library users, the Board of Trustees
of the Vineland Public Library has established standards
to be enforced by Library staff and the Vineland Police
if necessary. All standards apply to the Library building
and the Library property.
Unacceptable behaviors include,
but are not limited to:
• Inappropriate or disruptive
• Leaving a child under the age of 9 or an individual
requiring supervision unattended in the Library without
direct supervision of an adult. (See also Unattended
• Physical, sexual or verbal misconduct.
• Vandalism or deliberate misuse of Library
facilities, materials or equipment.
• Use or possession of drugs or alcohol, or
being under the influence of either.
• Disobeying the reasonable requests of Library
• Cell phone conversations outside of the vending
area, lobby, or Doris Tripp Room. Use of a cell phone
for texting, apps, and other WiFi use is allowed in
other areas of the Library provided that any audio
is not noticeable to other Library users and staff.
• Misuse of restrooms such as bathing, washing
clothes or dishes, shaving, using the wrong restroom.
• Offensive hygiene that disrupts another’s
Library work or experience.
• Listening to any audio that is noticeable
to other Library users and staff. Earbuds may be purchased
at the Information Desk.
• Smoking, including electronic cigarettes,
or use of any tobacco products on Library property.
• Peeping, staring at or following another person.
• Onscreen display of images inappropriate for
a public environment.
• Sales and/or solicitations, unless authorized
by the Library.
The following are examples of
items that may not be brought into the Library:
• Recreational and sports equipment including
bicycles, skateboards, balls, and bats
• Animals, except those needed to assist a person
with a disability and authorized program animals
Please remember that unattended possessions
represent a safety and security risk. The Library
is not responsible for lost or stolen personal property.
Please keep your belongings with you at all times.
If you would like to review the complete
Vineland Public Library Patron Conduct Policy, please
ask at the Information Desk.
Thank you for helping us make our Library
a better place.
Approved by the Vineland Public Library Board
of Trustees July 28, 2011
Update approved by the Vineland Public Library Board
of Trustees June 25, 2015