Friends of Vineland Public Library
The Friends of the Vineland Public Library
organized in 1970 to help build a new library building. Their efforts
resulted in the beautiful library on Landis Avenue, which opened its
doors in 1976. Nearly forty years later, the Friends are still active
and our work is still critical to the community library's success.
Thanks to your support, last year the Friends'
fund raising projects raised more than $18,000, which we devoted to
much needed library resources not covered by state or city funding.
The Friends provided funding
• Family Nights - The Friends allow
the library to offer professional performances at no cost to the
public so that children can be exposed to a variety of artistic
and educational programs.
• The Friends fund book prizes and
book discussion books for children and teens so that they can start
or add to their own home libraries.
• Kids Talk Literary Magazine—The
Friends fund the publication of a compilation magazine of original
stories, poetry and drawings of local children ages 9-13 in the
library’s Young Writers Club.
• Reading Clubs for all ages—The
Friends provide a variety of materials for reading craft programs
for children ages 12 & younger and for teens.
• Reading Buddies – The Friends
fund gift books and supplies for this program which pairs a teen
volunteer with a younger child who meet once a week for six weeks
to read to each other. There were 20 participants in Reading Buddies
• The Friends provide all craft materials
for children’s and family programming. They provide funding
for displays to make the area more child-friendly and for bookmarks
to hand out at school programs.
• The Friends fund weekly teen activities
and provide a welcoming, creative environment for our local teens.
The most exciting teen program is the after-hours, yearly Teen Lock-In.
• The Friends funded the monthly Pokémon
Club, which is open to 7 to 16-year-olds and draws about 30 children
• They fund adult programs like Author
Signing events, Adult Book Clubs, Movie Nights and Business Workshop.
Friends paid for critical
“extras” such as:
- Genealogy on-line services
- Downloadable e-Books and Audiobooks
- Non-fiction DVDs
- English as a Second Language material
- Computers for job seekers
- A new color printer/scanner for the public
The Friends fundraising activities
- Spring & fall bus trips
- Annual month-long book sale
- “Dine to Donate” nights
- Boscovs’ “Friends helping Friends”
- Amazon Smile
- Yearly membership drive
Vineland has a public library that it can
be proud of, thanks in large measure, to the dedication and hard work
of the Friends of the Vineland Public Library.
For more information, please call
the library's Administration Department at (856)794-4244 ext. 4734,
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.