VINELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES – MINUTES
June 26, 2014
A meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Vineland Public Library was held on Thursday, June 26, 2014 in the Community Event Room of the Library, 1058 E. Landis Avenue, Vineland, NJ.
Board of Trustees President Christine Schneider called the meeting to order at 5:30 pm. Notice of this meeting had been sent to the Office of the City Clerk, The Daily Journal, The Press, Channel 9 and was posted in the library in accordance with The Sunshine Law. Trustees present were Victor Druziako, Catherine Franzoi, Sally Goode, Whelma Irby, Ross Stanger and Christine Schneider. Also present were Library Director Gloria Urban and Administrative Clerk Mary Ann Rada.
WELCOME NEW TRUSTEE, SALLY GOODE
MINUTES of May 22, 2014
TREASURER’S REPORT for May 2014
SCHEDULE OF ACCOUNTS for June 2014
APPROVAL OF PAYMENT OF SALARIES AND BENEFITS for month of July
LIBRARY DIRECTOR’S REPORT
• There were over 70 applicants for the open part-time Library Assistant position in the Circulation Department. Jasmine Bukhari-Meyers who is a volunteer at the library and multi-lingual was selected for the position.
• Department Heads have prepared budget requests to be submitted
to the Friends of the Library at the Friends’ reorganization meeting
on July 8. The Friends pay for many extras that are not covered in the
library’s operating expenses like children, teen and adult programs,
and extra library material.
• The Adult Summer Reading program started this week and runs until September 8. Prizes will be given.
• A new ESL class will start in September. Ms. Urban reported that there is a one-year wait for a private ESL tutor. There are about 60 people on the wait list.
• Susan D’Ottavio has accepted the Director position at the Millville Public Library. Ms. D’Ottavio spent more than 30 years at the Cumberland County Library.
At 6:01,Mrs. Franzoi left the meeting.
At the June 5th roof meeting, Mr. Druziako, Architect Pedersen, Fabbri representatives, VPL Staff and Denise Monaco did a walk-around the library grounds and discussed which trees and shrubs needed to be removed and/or trimmed.
A tree plan was submitted by Architect Pedersen and copies were distributed to Trustees.
On a motion made by Mr. Druziako and seconded by Mr. Stanger, Trustees approved the tree removal and trimming plan as submitted by Mr. Pedersen. The motion was passed by unanimous consent.
No members of the public were present.
On motion made by Mr. Stanger and seconded by Ms. Irby, Trustees moved to close the public comment session of the meeting. The motion was passed by unanimous consent.
Mary Ann Rada, Administrative Clerk