VINELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES – MINUTES
July 25, 2013
A meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Vineland Public Library was held on Thursday, July 25, 2013, in the Community Event Room of the Library, 1058 E. Landis Avenue, Vineland, NJ.
Board of Trustees President Christine Schneider called the meeting to order at 5:30 pm. Notice of this meeting had been sent to the Office of the City Clerk, The Daily Journal, The Press, Channel 9 and was posted in the library in accordance with The Sunshine Law. Trustees present were Victor Druziako, Catherine Franzoi, Whelma Irby, Michael Sarnoff, Christine Schneider and Josephine Orlando-Spinelli. Also present was Library Director Gloria Urban and Administrative Clerk Mary Ann Rada.
MINUTES of June 27, 2013
for June 2013
On a motion made by Ms. Irby, seconded by Mrs. Spinelli, Trustees approved the Treasurer’s Report for June, 2013. The Administrative Clerk called the roll: YEAS: Mr. Druziako, Mrs. Franzoi, Ms. Irby, Mrs. Spinelli and Mrs. Schneider
At this point in the meeting
Dr. Sarnoff arrived.
APPROVAL OF PAYMENT OF
SALARIES AND BENEFITS for August 2013
Ms. Urban added the following:
• A window in the front of the library was broken when a young child threw a rock through it at the beginning of July. This window has been replaced.
• Ms. Urban met with Victor Terenik about upgrading the security cameras.
• Bridgeton Public Library has a new Director, Courtenay Reece. Ms. Urban will be meeting with her and the Millville Public Library Director for their first joint meeting on July 30.
• At their reorganization meeting on July 10, the Friends of the Library approved a spending budget of $21,908 for FY 2014.
• Ms. Urban completed the first round of SWAT visits to Belmar, Cedar Grove, Warren Township and Oakland Libraries.